With the recent passing of the self-less and phenomenal leader Nelson Mandela, I thought it was only right to gather some of his amazing words and share them.
Very few people have had such an impact on the world as Nelson Mandela did. When looking back on the remarkable life he lived, it’s very easy to see what an incredible man he was. His legacy will forever stay alive.
Here are 20 phenomenal Nelson Mandela quotes:
1. Everyone can rise above their circumstances and achieve success if they are dedicated to and passionate about what they do.
2. Do not judge me by my successes, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.
3. There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.
4. Real leaders must be ready to sacrifice all for the freedom of their people.
5. I like friends who have independent minds because they tend to make you see problems from all angles.
6. Difficulties break some men but make others. No axe is sharp enough to cut the soul of a sinner who keeps on trying, one armed with the hope that he will rise even in the end.
7. I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.
8. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
9. Resentment is like drinking poison and then hoping it will kill your enemies.
10. I hate race discrimination most intensely and in all its manifestations. I have fought it all during my life; I fight it now, and will do so until the end of my days.
11. A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
12. Death is something inevitable. When a man has done what he considers to be his duty to his people and his country, he can rest in peace. I believe I have made that effort and that is, therefore, why I will sleep for the eternity.
13. If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his language, that goes to his heart.
14. It is better to lead from behind and to put others in front, especially when you celebrate victory when nice things occur. You take the front line when there is danger. Then people will appreciate your leadership.
15. If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.
16. There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires.
17. Does anybody really think that they didn’t get what they had because they didn’t have the talent or the strength or the endurance or the commitment?
18. We must use time wisely and forever realize that the time is always ripe to do right.
19. There are times when a leader must move out ahead of the flock, go off in a new direction, confident that he is leading his people the right way.
20. Courageous people do not fear forgiving, for the sake of peace.